When Do You Need a Student Visa Lawyer?
Your next step is to apply for a US student visa if you have been accepted into a US university or exchange program. You must apply for the visa that best suits you from the many study and exchange programs the US offers.
However, US immigration laws are intricate and constantly evolving. Choosing a visa to apply for, navigating the application procedure, or comprehending the numerous bureaucratic requirements that accompany a visa application may be difficult tasks.
A skilled F1 visa lawyer can assist you in successfully applying for a US student visa, especially if you have submitted multiple applications for the same visa but keep getting rejected.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Student Visa Lawyer in the U.S.?
Depending on your circumstances, a student visa lawyer can run you anywhere from $200 to $1,000 per hour. You might be expected to pay the following fees depending on the services your student visa attorney offers:
- Cost of consultation: $75 to $100
- Hourly service charge: $150 to $300
- Form filing costs between $250 and $800.
- $400 to $700 in United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) fees
What to Look For in a Student Visa Lawyer
No one can deny the importance of a student visa lawyer when you are looking to get a student visa.
Given how many hoops you’ll have to jump through, your lawyer should understand the requirement criteria by immigration authorities and, sometimes, the criteria of the schools you have applied for.
In addition, restrictions and guidelines specific to each visa, embassy, and consulate must be followed for an application to be accepted or proceed. The following are a few conditions that applicants must follow:
- Full enrollment in a school with accreditation
- Enrollment in a department of academic education as opposed to a vocational program
- The institution for which one is applying must be on the list of universities that the U.S. Citizenship and
- Immigration Services has approved (USCIS)
- A residency outside of the country that must be kept up during the applicant’s studies
- English fluency or acceptance into a program where they can develop their English fluency
- Enough money to maintain themselves while they continue their education
Your lawyer should understand these requirements and work them into your student visa application.
How to Prepare for Your Consultation With a Student Visa Lawyer
It’s a good idea to talk with a F1 visa attorney and ask a few questions before hiring them. You may even compile a list of inquiries that will help you select the best course of action. Your inquiries should center on issues like if the F1 visa lawyer you’re speaking with:
- Focuses particularly on situations involving immigration
- Belongs to professional immigration organizations
- Has a history of being trustworthy and protecting their clients
- Has dealt with problems similar to yours and has the time to take on your case.
Where to Find the Best Student Visa Lawyers in the U.S.
Obtaining a student visa can be one of the most crucial things you do for your education and future. Do not try to go through the immigration system by yourself. It’s much easier to find a qualified student visa lawyer that can handle all of your immigration needs.